Byron Erstine, DO
Byron Erstine, DO
Byron Erstine, DO of Otolaryngology, is the National Sinus Institute’s surgeon serving out patients in Southwest New Mexico. He comes to us from Arkansas, where he was born and raised.
After completing his undergraduate work at Lyon College in Batesville, AR, Dr. Erstine attended medical school in Kansas City,MO and graduated with honors in the top 5% of his class. He then went on to do his Ear, Nose and Throat residency at McLaren Macomb in Mount Clemens, MI. Dr. Erstine then practiced in Arkansas before deciding to follow his dream of living and working in New Mexico.
Dr. Erstine is a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery (AAO-HNS), the American Osteopathic College of Ophthalmology & Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery (AOCOO-HNS), the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and the Arkansas Osteopathic Medical Association (AOMA).
As a general otolaryngologist, Dr. Erstine’s special interests include:
- Pediatric care: tonsils, adenoids, ear tubes, lymph nodes excisions, and correction of tongue tie.
- Improving nasal breathing with surgical intervention: sinus surgery, including primary, revision, image-guided, sinus dilation), septoplasty, turbinate surgery and nasal fracture repair
- Diagnosis and treatment of allergies
- Sleep apnea
- Laryngology: voice disorders, vocal cord injections, micro laryngeal surgeries)
- Skin cancer removal and reconstruction, including functional and cosmetic surgeries and office procedures for the face/neck
- Hearing disorders and ear disease, including treatment of chronic ear infections, repair of eardrum perforations, BAHA implantation and management of dizziness
Dr. Erstine is an avid guitarist and music fan. He loves hiking and enjoying the New Mexico landscape, culture and of course, Hatch green chile! He feels blessed to serve the communities of Las Cruces, Deming and Silver City to help serve their ENT needs.