Advanced Practice Clinician Otolaryngology, Gallup & Grants
Location: Gallup & Grants, New Mexico
Experience: Prefer 1 year. New graduates invited to apply
Education: Master’s Degree
Compensation: Very competitive salary with potential to earn additional 30% of salary from performance incentives.
Graduation from an accredited master’s level physician assistant or nurse practitioner program, and possesses a baccalaureate degree. Eligible for licensing in the state of New Mexico. One year of working experience preferred, however, strong new graduate applicants will also be considered.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Works in concert with the surgeon in managing patient-centered care for the residents of Northwestern New Mexico, including initial evaluations (H&P), assisting in surgical procedures, post-operative care, documentation, order acquisition, patient education, and communication.
- Available by phone to the surgeon, supervisors, and local physicians.
- Interfaces with area healthcare providers and allied health groups.
- Interprets diagnostic tests including lab and radiographic studies for deviations from normal.
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including endoscopy, Epley maneuver, cerumen removal, biopsy, infection management, etc.
- Develops and implements patient management plans.
- Completes timely documentation of patient encounters and billing paperwork.
- Demonstrates a patient-centered care philosophy through professional, compassionate, service-oriented care.
- Participates as a team player and edifies support staff.
- Assists in development, implementation, and revision of policies affecting medical practice and quality of care.
- Participates in the development and growth of the regional practice, including the use of telemedicine.
- Travel to outlying clinics may be required.
- Performs other functions as required.
Please send resume to:
Steven W. Harris MHS, PA-C
106 Glenview Drive
Los Alamos, NM 87544
You may also contact Steve Harris with questions at 505.500.6883.